Weight Loss Support - 5 ways to easy weight loss
by Andrea Bayles - 11.02.2013
- Find a weight-loss buddy! Research shows that your odds of gaining pounds rises when your family and friends are also gaining weight! But the good news is that the reverse of that seems to be true! A study carried out in the Jounrnal of Obesity found that dieters who have a weight-loss partner to work on weight loss lose more weight and are more successful when watching a weight loss programme.
- Read the labels! Start to recognise products on supermarket shelves that are high in sugar or fat read the nutrition facts l;ables on the back of the product and get familiar you may be in for a shock!
- Treat everyday as a weight-loss day! Researchers found that dieters ate more at weekends when they weren't in the 9-5 work mode and on average consumed more calories from Friday night through to Sunday night than they do from Monday to Friday! One of the reasons for that is that dieters tended to sleep late at the weekends meaning they missed breakfast and so compensated with a big lunch!
- Stay at home and dust off your saucepans! Again researchers in USA have found that you consume way more calories when you eat out than when you cook at home. Eating at home 3 4 times a week will enable you to have more control over the types of foods you consume and therefore your calories intake.
- Motivation! Motivation! Motivation! Invent some incentives for yourself. Put aside cash for every pound that you lose and use it to treat yourself to a manicure, a massage, or donate it to your favourite charity. Another motivating tool you can use is www.weightview.com a website that allows you to print down-sized version of yourself hang it on the fridge door!
If you would like to find out more about our tailored weight loss programme please contact us on 01564 33 99 55 or complete our contact form and we'll call you back.