Green smoothies are packed with valuable nutrients that are brilliant for their detoxifying benefits as well as being power-packed and energising.
These are some of my favourites that I tend to eat at breakfast or at that low time of day when energy levels tend to drop about 4 or 5 pm. So grab your blender or if you have a Vitamix – get ready for some super delicious recipes.
- 100g Kale– de-stemmed and chopped to cope with your blenders capabilities
- 1 stick of celery
- 1cm piece of fresh ginger
- Juice of one lemon
- ½ a cucumber – peeled and sliced
- 2-3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 150mls of unsweetened almond milk or rice milk
- 1 tbsp agave nectar or honey (if required to sweeten)
- Add all the ingredients into your blender or food processor and blend until all the ingredients are fully broken down.
Spinach and Pineapple Green Smoothie
- 100mls plain greek yogurt or soya/sheeps/goat milk variety if you are non-dairy
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 100g washed baby spinach leaves
- 1 apple chopped for the blender
- ½ fresh pineapple – keep the central stem as it is packed with health promoting enzymes
- 150mls unsweetened almond milk or rice milk.
- Using the softer items first, pack the blender with the ingredients and blend until smooth and green.
The Not So Green Power Packed Metabolism Boosting Smoothie!
- 50g fresh strawberries
- 50g fresh blueberries
- 1 banana
- Small pot of greek yogurt or non-dairy alternative
- 100 mls coconut water
- 1 cm piece of fresh ginger
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseeds (Linwoods or similar)
- 1 tbsp of Superfood Smoothie blend (optional)
Place all the ingredients in the blender of food processor and blend until smooth.
This is a great breakfast smoothie which helps to balance your immunity, boost your energy and enhance your mood.
The Green One!
- 75mls coconut water
- 75 mls of oat milk or almond milk
- 1 tsp spirulina powder
- 2 tsp ground flaxseeds – Linwoods
- 1 tbsp organic coconut oil – melted to oil
- 100g berries (fresh or frozen)
- 1tsp probiotics powder (if available)
- 2 tbsp natural organic yogurt – non dairy if necessary
- Pinch of cinnamon
Place all the ingredients into your blender and process until all ingredients are combined and smooth.
- A handful of fresh spinach leaves – washed
- 1 handful of fresh mint
- 1 handful of fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cucumber
- Some lettuce leaves or rocket leaves (will give it a slight kick)
- 4 celery sticks
- 1 cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled
- Ice cubes if desired
Gradually add the ingredients one at a time into your blender and add the ice cubes to the drink once blended.
This juice is enzyme rich, energy boosting and extremely alkalising for your body.