This is a really easy and quick recipe for creating a delicious evening meal in less than 20 minutes. Serve with lots of green vegetables or a colourful healthy salad.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 55g thinly sliced granny smith apples
- ½ medium shallot thinly sliced
- ½ tbsp fresh thyme
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 190°C/Gas Mark 5
- Lightly oil a shallow ovenproof dish. Place the chicken in the dish with salt and pepper.
- Arrange apple slices, shallots and thyme leaves over the chicken breasts. Pour the balsamic vinegar over.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear. Serve.