Lentils are a good source of protein, low in calories and high in nutrition. Try this amazing recipe with asparagus, but be quick, asparagus season is almost over!
- 100g dried beluga lentils or puy lentils (if you buy tinned use 200g)
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 10 g mint
- 10g coriander
- 65mls olive oil
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 200g baby tomatoes
- Sesame oil
- 250g fresh asparagus
- Yogurt dressing:
- 120 mls goats milk yogurt or coconut yogurt
- Fresh mint
- ¼ tsp paprika
- Cook the lentils if using dried.
- Add the rice wine vinegar and stir – set aside
- In a food processor or blender, add the mint, coriander, olive oil, and lime juice and blend until you get a chunky texture – this is your salsa verde (green sauce). Stir in chopped tomatoes.
- Add a splash of sesame oil to your griddle and grill the asparagus over a high heat until cooked.
- Put the lentils on a serving plate and season, then pile the salsa verde and tomatoes with the cooked asparagus on top with a garnish of lime zest. Drizzle a little of your spicy yogurt mix and serve.