What could be better than sitting out in the garden, in the evening sun enjoying a delicious, healthy and home cooked meal?
This recipe is high in protein and therefore great for metabolic balance and energy levels!
- 100g dried black lentils or Puy lentils
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 20g sorrel herb
- 10g mint
- 10g coriander
- 65 mls olive oil
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 5 or 10 baby tomatoes – chopped
- 250g asparagus
- Sea salt
- Optional dressing (for relaxed or maintenance phase)
- 120 mls goats milk yogurt or coconut yogurt
- 10 g mint leaves
- ¼ tsp paprika
- Cook the lentils according to the packet instructions. When cooked add the rice vinegar and stir. Set aside.
- Next make the salsa verde. Put the sorrel, mint, coriander, oil and lime juice into a food processor or blender and pulse until you get a chunky texture. Or you can chop and blend by hand.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and combine these together and set aside.
- Grill the asparagus (you may need a little oil to brush over) and heat until soft and striped with a dark charcoal line (if you prefer you can just steam the asparagus) but the grilling gives a lovely smoky flavour.)
- To serve, put the lentils on a serving plate and season with sea salt; pile on the salsa verde-tomato mixture and add the asparagus on top with a final sprinkle of lime zest. If you want to add the dressing, then mix those ingredients together and serve in a separate bowl.