This is a simple creamy curry which can be made in advance and reheated and you can substitute the chicken for tofu or lentils to suit your tastes. The coconut milk and butter provide medium chain triglycerides which provide energy and help to reduce cholesterol and are safe for cooking.
- 2cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp lime juice and zest
- 400g chicken breasts chopped
- 1 sweet potato
- 150g green beans halved
- 400g tin chick peas (if not using chicken)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Pinch chilli powder
- 2 tsp coconut butter
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 red pepper, cut into chunks
- 2 tomatoes, deseeded and chopped
- 400mls coconut milk
- 2-3 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- Place the garlic, ginger, lime juice, onion and chilli into a food processor and blend to form a smooth paste. Add a little water if necessary.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and stir fry the chicken (if using) for 5 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add the spice paste and turmeric and cook for a further minute. Add the rest of the ingredients except the coriander leaves and bring to the boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes until the potato is tender.
- Sprinkle over the coriander leaves to serve.