Whilst attending the IFM training at the London Hilton Hotel, the chefs were preparing some delicious, healthy and nutritious meals for us and this was one of my favourites. They used Mahi mahi which isn’t readily available to us, so use any other firm white fish and you will get the same effects serve with lots of leafy greens or a big bowl of salad.
- 1 14-oz. can coconut milk
- ½ cup water
- 2 tsp arrowroot or cornstarch
- 1 ½ tsp. curry powder
- 2 lbs mahi mahi fillets (any firm fish will work fine)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 large tomato, chopped, OR 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil or cilantro
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix coconut milk, water, arrowroot or cornstarch and curry in a 2-3 quart ovenproof dish. Add mahi mahi and bake, covered, for about 35-45 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately with some of the sauce on top of each fillet and top with tomato and basil or cilantro. Remaining sauce may be used to top rice or veggies such as cauliflower, broccoli or green beans.