…….with a Palaeolithic approach to eating.
- 2lbs (4 pieces) haddock
- 6tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 6tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dill weed
- ½ tsp black pepper,
- 2tbsp lemon juice
- Thoroughly wash the haddock and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a heavy pan and sauté the garlic and onion until tender. Add the green peppers and continue to sauté on low heat until tender. Add tomatoes, parsley, basil, dill and pepper.
- Remove from the heat and spread half the sauce in the bottom of a baking dish (approx. 9 x 13 inch).
- Place the fish on top and pour the remaining sauce over the entire fish. Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Cover with foil and bake at 375/180 degrees for 15-20 minutes until flaky.
- Serving suggestion serve with baked butternut squash and a selection of fresh steamed greens.