This easy-peasy throw it together recipe can be all done and dusted in a matter of minutes. Healthy fillets of omega-rich salmon without the usual stodgy potato makes a great protein-rich alternative to fishcakes. Adding thai curry flavours gives them a real oriental feel – make then hot and spicy or add less paste for a milder kick.
Midweek Metabolic Balance Meal
Here is a Phase 2 (strict adherence) salad that you can make up using a food processor in minutes!
Why not whizz this up tonight?
- 4 boneless, skinless salmon fillets, allow a minimum of 120g per portion (or your MB portions size), cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp Thai red curry paste (use chilli flakes if you are in Phase 2)
- thumb-size piece fresh root ginger, grated
- 1 tsp soy sauce (tamari sauce is GF)
- 1 bunch coriander, half chopped, half leaves picked
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- lemon wedges, to serve
On the side:
- Carrot and Cucumber Salad – Carrots and Cucumber according to MB veg portion size
- Apple cider vinegar
- Coriander leaves
- Tip the salmon into a food processor with the paste, ginger, soy and chopped coriander. Pulse until roughly minced. Tip out the mix and shape into 4 burgers. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, then fry the burgers for 4-5 mins on each side, turning until crisp and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, use a swivel peeler to peel strips of carrot and cucumber into a bowl. Toss with the vinegar, then toss through the coriander leaves. Divide the salad between 4 plates. Serve with the burgers.
If you are interested in working with me personally, please get in touch to see how I may be able to help you with your health and well-being goals. Click here to read about the various packages Natural Solutions offers and the way we can help you change your life! Click here to access lots of additional resources and articles.
You can also connect with me through my community on Facebook or follow me on Twitter.