If you’re after something a bit lighter than potato-packed fishcakes and something great for the BBQ, try these simple oriental style burgers.
- Cook 10 minutes
- Prep 20 minutes
Nutrition per serving: 292 kcals, protein 29.0g, carbohydrate 7.0g, fat 17.0g, saturated fat 4.0g, fibre 0.0g, salt 0.83g
- 4 boneless, skinless salmon fillets about 550g in total, cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp thai red curry paste
- 2cms fresh root ginger grated
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 bunch coriander, half chopped, half leaves picked
- 1 tsp veg oil
- Lemon wedges to serve
- For the salad:
- 2 carrots
- ½ large or 1 small cucumber
- 2tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp golden castor sugar
- Tip the salmon into a food processor with the curry paste, ginger, soy and chopped coriander. Pulse until roughly minced. Tip out the mix and shape into 4 burgers. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, then fry the burgers for 4-5 mins on each side, turning until crisp or alternatively cook on the barbecue.
- Meanwhile use a peeler to peel strips of carrot and cucumber into a bowl. Toss with the vinegar and sugar, then toss through the coriander leaves. Divide the salad between 4 plates.
- Serve with brown rice or quinoa.